About

Welcome to Pusat Tingkatan Enam Katok's Official Website.
For more information, please e-mail ptekmediaict@live.com

Art Exhibitions (18th - 20th May)

Hi! I am sure you all are aware of the Art Exhibition going on in the Foyer. The exhibition was conducted for three days.

The art displays that were shown in the exhibition are the works of 49 candidates who sat for the Art AS Examination. These works will soon be sent to Cambridge for assessment. The works displayed include drawings, paintings in a range of media, mixed media, installation art and also digital art.

The objectives of this exhibition were to expose and display our students’ art work to the audience. It is also an opportunity for us to share, to appreciate and to enjoy viewing our students’ creativity in visual art and to make this art showcase as our annual programme for the art department.






The opening speech was by Sir Teo,Head ofArt Department. and followed by our principal,Cg.Hjh Rosni.


We also got the chance to interview a few people in the art exhibition. One of our victims was Maricel lim who won the ‘Brilliance Award’ in ‘A’ Level Art and Design last November ’08 & this is how our interview goes…

Us: Can you explain your art?

Maricel: Basically, it tells about how I miss being a child and I wish I could turn the hands of time to be a child again. There’s a clock in the middle and the book represents my childhood and its coloured in gold because it is very precious. And the lyrics I got from the song ‘innocent eyes’ by Delta Goodrem. It’s similar to how I see myself, it’s like when you’re a child, you don’t have to worry about anything.

Us: what inspired you?

Maricel : I started off drawing my own face and my family faces. Then slowly, I started to develop an interest in creating a painting that’s very deep and meaningful, so I started off exploring my interest and my hobbies and then I end up with this work.


Us: were you emotionally affected with your work?

Maricel: uhhhmm yeah, I guess. When I painted this I felt like really emotional. That’s why the colour looked very sad.


Us: okay, thank you and congrats for the award (:
Another victim was an art teacher from Maktab Duli, Miss Arma Cester and you know what?.. Trust us, it was so hard to get her to ourselves :P It’s not like what you think, okay? Ahaa.. Okay, here it is..


Us: which is your favourite piece?


Miss Arma Cester: well umm, I could say I love them all because I used to teach them last year when they were in Maktab Duli still.. I used to teach most of them, so basically I’m a bit bias so I that’s why I didn’t do any voting ‘cause I love them all.


Us: well, you can always vote for all of them.


Miss Arma: well, I can’t do that really, can’t i? *laughs* so basically I don’t have a particular, say, Khairul Safwan’s work is actually good. And I think that’s why it was chosen as the opening piece. I think they made the right choice lah picking that one as the opening.


& you don’t need to know the rest because it is irrelevant to the topic :P


Leave a Reply